This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how Gabir Ehailing Holding Sdn, Bhd use your Personal Data.
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, gender, resident status, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your photo, any information about you which you have provided to Gabir in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Gabir from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as your identification card number, driving licence number, birth certificate number, passport number, race,ethnic origin, date of birth, marital status, education background, and data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs. If you are a service provider, we may also collect telematics data (such as your speed, acceleration, and braking data).
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide Gabir your Personal Data, Gabir will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below and may cause Gabir to be unable to provide services or products to or accept payments from you.
If you are an agent, representatives, coordinators, provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data, may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may cause Gabir to be unable to engage you to provide services or products or issue payments to you for products or services provided.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Gabir directly, Gabir may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
– from filled up application or registration forms or other similar forms;
– from publicly available sources such as directories;
– from Gabir’s official social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
– from credit reporting agencies, insurance providers, or financial services providers;
– when you interact and communicate with Gabir at any events or activities;
– when you enter contests organized by Gabir;
from various entities or divisions under Gabir; or
by using Gabir apps and websites, which includes all apps and websites operated by Gabir and under the names of its respective brands (respectively “Apps” and “Websites”).
Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites, and if you are a service provider, from your accelerometer data, GPS data and data collected when your Grab Driver app is on.
Further, certain service providers of Gabir may utilise personal in-vehicle cameras for their own safety and security purposes. Whilst the use of such in-vehicle cameras are neither endorsed or prohibited by Gabir, Gabir does not collect, use or disclose any of your Personal Data from such in-vehicle recordings, and the collection, use and disclosure of any such Personal Data is not conducted on behalf of Gabir. The collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data obtained from personal in-vehicle cameras is solely the responsibility of the service provider and you should inform your service provider if you have any objections to the use of personal in-vehicle cameras in such vehicles.
Purposes of Processing
Gabir may use and process your Personal Data for business and transportation, delivery and logistics (including food and beverage) and payment and financial services activities of Gabir which shall include, without limitation the following (“Purposes”):
Where you are a customer of the services provided by Gabir:
to perform the Gabir’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
– to provide you with any service you have requested;
– to process your order and to deliver the services to you;
– where you have requested to download and use the Gabir or Gabir Driver App, to process your registration request, to deliver the App to you and to provide you a license for the use of the App;
– to process your participation in any events, activities, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
– to process, manage or verify your application for subscription with the Gabir and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
– to validate your bookings and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
– to understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
– to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
– to process exchanges or product returns;
– to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
– to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
– for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
– for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
– for Gabir to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to Gabir using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Marketing and promotional purposes
Gabir may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
– To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from Gabir, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
-To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by Gabir, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
– To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
– To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and coordinators or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions;
by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), online messaging service, by hand and/or by email.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than your home nation or otherwise in the country, state and city in which you are present while using any services provided by Gabir (“Alternate Country”), to companies under Gabir which are located outside of your home nation or Alternate Country and/or where Gabir’s servers and/or service providers and partners are located outside of your home nation or Alternate Country. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of your home nation or Alternate Country as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, Gabir may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties include, without limitation:
– Gabir partners, which include parties with whom Gabir collaborates with for certain events, programs and activities;
– Event management companies and event sponsors;
Marketing research companies;
– Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
– Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
– Other entities within Gabir; and
– Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the formation of a joint venture, a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
Please contact us if you found faulty in our system regarding with your payment or our program error where it is our fault, and we will process the refud where necessary, to:
Gabir Ehailing Holding Sdn Bhd,
Trefoil@SetiaCity 40170 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Company registration No: 1299101-T
Phone : +600333589003
Subject to any laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, Gabir reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted therein.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Gabir has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable information from or about you with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via Cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser. You may also be able to limit our sharing of some of this information through your mobile device settings.
Links to Third-Party Websites